This deviation from the normal Fender style takes you to new sonic territory. These amps take you from vintage clean to modern drive at the flick of a switch giving you the versatility a guitarist today needs.
The original Supersonic 1x12 was 60w, and many loved the sound but found this too much for bedroom volumes. The new Supersonic 22 is a lower-powered amp with a 50w 12" Eminence speaker at the helm.
Here's what Fender say about the SuperSonic 22
The Super-Sonic concept: professional tube amplifiers for guitarists who crave glorious Fender clean and overdriven tones and expressive modern high-gain distortion...in one no-nonsense amp. The Super-Sonic 22 delivers this versatility with the organic feel and moderate output power of the legendary Deluxe Reverb amp, perfect for most stage and studio applications.
The VINTAGE channel delivers pure, unmistakable Fender tone, and the awesome BURN channel ignites musical inspiration with overdrive flavors ranging from bluesy to flame-throwing. And while the Super-Sonic 22 is capable of heavily saturated tube distortion and sustain, it never masks the tonal character of YOUR guitar. Offered in classic Black/Silver or iconic 1961 Blonde/Oxblood cosmetic treatment; both versions include ivory "radio" knobs and flowing 1960s script logo.
• Effects Loop: Effects Loop With Send & Return
• Inputs: One Input
• Auxillary Input: 1/4" Footswitch Jack
• Extension Speaker Jack: Extension Speaker Jack
• Channels: Two: Vintage & Burn (Vintage Channel has Two Switchable Voices)
• Power Handling: 22 watts into 8 ohms
• Controls: Vintage Channel: Volume, Treble, Bass, Voicing Switch (Normal/Fat). Burn Channel: Gain 1, Gain 2, Treble, Bass, Middle, Volume, Master Reverb
• Cabinet Material: 3/4" Birch/Maple Plywood Cabinet
• Pilot Light Jewel: Red Amp Jewel
• Handle: "Dog Bone" Handle
• Input Impedance: 1 M Input Impedance
• Output Impedance: 8 Ohms
• Amplifier Length: 8.5" (21.6 cm)
• Amplifier Width: 24" (61 cm)
• Amplifier Height: 17.3" (44.1 cm)
• Amplifier Weight: 40 lbs (18.2 kg)
• Speaker: 12 inch, 8 ohm 50 Watt Fender "Lightning Bolt" speaker by Eminence
• Pre Amp Tubes: 3 x 12AX7, 2 x 12AT7
• Power Tubes: 2 x 6V6
Unique Features: Deluxe Reverb power platform, VINTAGE channel contains pre-gain tone controls and two switchable voices, BURN channel contains dual gain controls and post-gain EQ, allowing tonal experimentation, Fender long-spring Reverb by Accutronics, 12 inch 50 Watt Fender "Lightning Bolt" speaker by Eminence, Ivory "radio" knobs, 4-button footswitch for Channel, Fat, Reverb, Effects Loop.