The Maton Tommy Emmanuel
(EBG808TE) Signature Acoustic Guitar Designed in conjunction with guitar great Tommy Emmanuel, the TE series guitars are an outstanding tribute to Tommy's musicianship and Maton's superior craftsmanship.
Built to Tommys specifications, the TE series provides the huge tone and performance you would expect from a guitar bearing the name.
Tommy looks for a guitar with superb tone, capable of the most delicate expression as well as the most ferocious attack.
Maton Tommy Emmanuel Specifications
- Model: EBG808CTE
- Body Shape: 808
- Face: "AAA Select" Grade Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: Queensland Maple
- Neck: Select Queensland Maple
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Rosewood
- Face Inlay/Rosette: Herringbone
- Soundhole Diameter: 95mm
- Bracing: Maton Scalloped X
- Inner Binding: Triple Pinstripe
- Outer Binding: Ivory
- Scale Length: 64.77cm (25.5")
- Headstock Veneer: Queensland Walnut
- Fretwire: Dunlop 6260
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12")
- Nut Width: 44.1mm (1.736" - 1 47/64")
- 14th Fret: Width 55mm (2.165" - 2 11/64")
- Fingerboard Inlays: 6mm Pearl Dots "CGP" Pearl Block on 12th Fret
- Back & Sides Finish: Vintage Amber Stain Satin
- Top Finish: Vintage Amber Stain Satin
- Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
- Machine Heads: Chrome Grover Rotomatic
- Pickguard: Tortoiseshell
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Standard Maton Hardcase
- Pickup: AP5Pro
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze 12-53.
It takes a great guitar to meet the demands of such a great player. Designed in conjunction with guitar great Tommy Emmanuel, the TE series guitars are an outstanding tribute to Tommy's musicianship and Maton's superior craftsmanship. Built to Tommy's specifications, the TE series provides the huge tone and performance you would expect from a guitar bearing the name.
Tommy looks for a guitar with superb tone, capable of the most delicate expression as well as the most ferocious attack. The neck must stay true regardless of the rigours of international travel and the guitar needs to perform at its peak, from Rome to Nashville, to Sydney!
The Maton Tommy Emmanuel models feature a Mother of Pearl block inlay on the 12th Fret, engraved with "C.G.P." The acronym stands for "Certified Guitar Player," a title bestowed on Tommy by Chet Atkins and held by only 3 other guitarists in the world - John Knowles, Jerry Reed and Steve Warriner.
We inspect every maton guitar when it arrives to us from Australia ensuring that it has acclimatised and is setup perfectly in our workshop. The Maton Tommy Emmanuel never fails to impress us.
* Remember that every Maton guitar purchased from us here at Musicstreet is perfectly setup in our workshop prior to sale at no extra cost to the customer. By doing this we feel that you will receive the best possible playing instrument which has been thoroughly checked in every respect. If you have a specific string brand / gauge you would like any guitar from us setup with please drop us a note in with your purchase or call in store for your personal setup