The Caprice, another welcome newcomer to the Modern Classic family of instruments is a bold new statement in passive design.
A workhorse bass that is capable of blending two distinct pickup voicings offering a variety of tones suitable for any musical environment. This compact offset design provides a body shape that is comfortable and balanced along with a slim neck profile that makes this bass a pleasure to play.
The top-loading bridge is made from hardened steel and complemented by a newly designed oversized headstock with the familiar 3+1 tuner arrangement.
As with the Cutlass, the Caprice is a sleek modern bass with vintage features that stays true to its Music Man heritage.
- Model Caprice Bass
- Size 12-11/16" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 45-9/16" long (32.2 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 115.7 cm long)
- Weight 8 lbs. 8 oz. (3.86 kg) - varies slightly
- Body Wood Alder
- Body Finish High gloss polyester
- Body Colors Black, Ivory White, Diamond Blue, Heritage Tobacco Burst
- Bridge Vintage Music Man® top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated hollow steel saddles
- Scale Length 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius 7.5" (19.1 cm)
- Headstock Size 9" (22.9 cm) long
- Frets 21 - High profile, narrow width
- Neck Width 1-1/2" (38.1 mm) at nut, 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood Select maple neck
- Fingerboard Select maple or rosewood
- Fret Markers 5/16" Black or White dots
- Neck Finish Ultra-light satin polyurethane finish
- Neck Colors Natural aged yellow finish
- Tuning Machines Schaller BM, with tapered string posts
- Truss Rod Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined pickguard
- Controls 250kohm neck pickup volume, 250kohm bridge pickup volume, and tone - .1µF tone capacitor
- Pickups Music Man® inline humbucking; Music Man® offset humbucking