A bestselling metal distortion, the MT2 delivers effortlessly when it comes to thick, scooped, hi-gain goodness. Metal Zone has a 3 band EQ on board (with sweepable mid frequency) for maximum control of that all important metal scooped mid sound. Now you can easily get a saturated sound without the muddiness that so often crowds out the vocal when using inferior distortions.
As you probably know, Boss pedals have a reputation for being built like brick outhouses! You can be pretty sure that however much you drop it, kick it, throw it and jump on it, it will still come back for more punishment! These pedals constantly survive the rigors of rock 'n' roll touring, and that's why they're seen at the feet of top touring pros everywhere. Reliability really can be affordable to all, and Boss are so sure that their compact stomps will last that they cover them with a full five year warranty.
Here's what Boss say about the MT2:
The MT-2 Metal Zone is one of BOSS' most popular pedals. This stompbox provides some of the most over-the-top, insane distortion tones in the world-with huge mids and lows and an ultra-saturated sound.
- Incredible-sounding distortion pedal with unique dual-gain circuitry
- Provides super-long sustain and heavy mids and lows like a stack of overdriven amps
- Three-band EQ with semi-parametric Mid control offers a wide range of extreme distortion textures
- A must-have pedal for any hard rock or metal guitarist
- BOSS 5-year warranty
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohms
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Equivalent Input Noise Level: -110 dBu or less (IHF-A, Typ.)
- Connectors: INPUT Jack, OUTPUT Jack, AC Adaptor Jack
- Power Supply: DC 9 V: Dry Battery 9 V type (6F22/9 V), AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 20 mA (DC 9 V)
- Accessories: Dry Battery 9 V type (6F22/9 V)
- Option: AC Adaptor (PSA-Series)
- Width: 73 mm (2-7/8 inches)
- Depth: 129 mm (5-1/8 inches)
- Height: 59 mm (2-3/8 inches)
- Weight: 0.4 kg (0 lbs. 15 oz).
- * 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms.