The Boss RC-3 Loop Station Effects Pedal provides up to 3-hours of stereo recording in a compact stomp box. The Boss RC-3 can also store 99 loops, and also provides a "real drums" rhythm guide, and USB 2.0 compatibility to back up your recordings. Its roadworthy design features a durable structure that can handle life on the road.
The Auto Recording feature starts recording the moment you begin playing your guitar, or as soon as you start a connected audio player. Count-In mode gives you one-bar of rhythm before recording starts. You can Undo/Redo as you go. The sky's the limit with three hours of recording time!
To keep your loops tight and in time, you can play along with one of the basic rhythm patterns in the RC-3's on-board library as you record. Ten types of rhythm types are provided, including Rock, Pop, Funk, Shuffle, R&B, and Latin. A dedicated knob lets you adjust the volume of the rhythm, and you can set the tempo incrementally or via tap tempo. You can also specify the time signature. When you save a phrase, the rhythm type and time signature will also be saved.
You can connect the RC-3 to your computer via a standard USB cable, and back up your RC-3 recordings to your computer for safekeeping. You can also load WAV files from your computer directly into the RC-3. The RC-3 accepts 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV files of up to 1.7GB in size.
In addition to recording your guitar or bass performances and turning them into playable loops, you can also record other external stereo audio sources via the RC-3's AUX IN. Sound from a digital-audio player connected to the AUX input, for example, can easily be recorded and made into a loop.
- Compact and powerful stereo stomp box looper
- Massive internal memory with up to three hours of stereo recording time
- 99 onboard memories for storing loops
- USB 2.0 port allows you to connect to a PC and import/export WAV audio
- Rhythm guide with real drums
- Runs on a single 9-volt battery or optional AC power supply
- Visit BOSS tone central for free loop content and software to manage your LoopStation
Nominal Input Level:
INPUT: -20 dBu
AUX IN: -10 dBu
INPUT: 1 M ohm
AUX IN: 22 k ohms
Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
Maximum Recording Time: Approximately 3 hours
Maximum Phrase Memory: 99 phrases
Number of tracks: 1
Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear, stereo)
Rhythm Type: Hi-Hat, Kick
USB Interface: Hi-Speed USB mass storage device class
- Pedal switch
- LOOP OUTPUT knob
- RHYTHM OUTPUT knob
- DOWN button
- UP button
- WRITE button
- RHYTHM ON/OFF button
- TAP TEMPO button
Indicators: REC, PLAY (DUB) indicator
Display: 7 segments, 2 characters (LED)
- INPUT A Jack: 1/4" phone type
- INPUT B Jack: 1/4" phone type
- AUX IN Jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- OUTPUT A Jack: 1/4" phone type
- OUTPUT B Jack: 1/4" phone type
- STOP/MEMORY SHIFT Jack: 1/4" TRS phone type
- USB Connector
- DC IN Jack (DC 9 V)
- DC 9 V: Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- AC Adaptor (PSA series: sold separately) * Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries cannot be used.
Current Draw: 70 mA (DC 9 V)
Expected battery life under continuous use:
- Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61): Approx. 3 hours
- These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
- Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61): already installed in unit
Options (sold separately):
- AC Adaptor (PSA series)
- Footswitch (FS-5U, FS-6)
Size and Weight
Width: 73 mm (2-7/8 inches)
Depth: 129 mm (5-1/8 inches)
Height: 59 mm (2-3/8 inches)
Weight: 450 g1 lbs.