The Music Man James Valentine Signature Guitar, was designed for Maroon 5 guitarist, James Valentine. This singular instrument combines James's greatest features of his favourite guitars with new creative elements. Constructed from solid Ash, and finished with high gloss polyester, this guitar looks as good as it sounds. Featuring two Ernie Ball Music Man designed pickups (1-humbucker/1-single coil), with 3-way custom wired lever switch, coil tap, and a modern hardtail bridge with vintage bent steel saddles. These versatile electronics allow you to achieve a wide range of music as demonstrated by James Valentines within Maroon 5. The versatility of this guitar makes it an ideal choice for guitarists who prefer to gig all night with just one guitar.
James Valentine's guitar work has been the focal engine component of Maroon 5 for many years now. Featuring in hits like 'Moves like Jagger,''She will be loved,' and 'This Love,' he has certainly played many different styles of music.
The beautiful Ash body has been ergonomically designed, and subtly tapers from a thicker bottom to a slightly thinner top. This clever idea enables the guitar to hug the body, which lends itself to Valentine's funky rhythmic style. This wedge shape body also distributes the weight without effecting the sound, and allows easier access to the fretboard, and also the ability to achieve complex styles. An additional benefit of this unique shape is that it provides a comfortable playing position, allowing your forearm to be more relaxed and therefore play for longer.
The roasted Maple neck and fretboard is finished in a gun-stock oil and wax rub, and adds an urban look to this guitar. This unique finish also provides the neck with a similar feel and resistance to raw wood. The neck features 22 high-profile, stainless steel frets, and is bolted on to the Ash body via five bolts. This sculpted neck joint enables a smooth access to higher frets, and enhances the ease of playing.
Custom Pickups for a Custom Guitar
The Music Man James Valentine Signature Guitar features two pickups; the custom Humbucker at the neck, and one single coil pickup at the bridge. Another great feature is the push-push master volume and tone knobs for quick and easy control, and an active pre-amp that provides an additional 20DB active gain boost to fatten up solos.
Versatile Sound for Any Set
The advantage of the James Valentine guitar is its ability to achieve many different sounds. Whether its a funky tone you're looking for, or a classic rock feel, this guitar has it all. Explore a whole world of textures by experimenting with various volume settings when using both pickups.
- Size 13-1/4" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 38-7/16" long (33.7 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 97.6 cm long)
- Weight 8 lbs, 0oz (3.63 kg) - varies slightly
- Body Wood Ash
- Body Finish High gloss polyester
- Body Colors Trans Maroon, Trans Black, Trans Buttermilk, Satin Natural
- Bridge Music Man® Modern hardtail with vintage bent steel saddles
- Pickguard Shell
- Scale Length 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
- Neck Radius 10" (25.4 cm)
- Headstock Size 6-3/8" (16.2 cm) long
- Frets 22 - High profile, medium width, Stainless Steel
- Neck Width 1-5/8" (41.3 mm) at nut, 2-1/4" (56.9 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood Select roasted maple neck
- Fingerboard Select roasted maple neck
- Fret Markers 1/4" Black Face dots
- Neck Finish Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors Standard – Natural with finished headstock
- Tuning Machines Schaller M6-IND locking
- Truss Rod Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Controls Custom Music Man® active preamp; push/push volume for gain boost, 500kohm push/push passive tone for custom spilt pickup configurations - .022µF tone capacitor
- Switching 3-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups SH - Music Man® custom wound staggered pole piece single coil and humbucker with chrome covers
* Remember that every Music man guitar purchased from us here at Musicstreet is perfectly setup in our workshop prior to sale at no extra cost to the customer. By doing this we feel that you will receive the best possible playing instrument which has been thoroughly checked in every respect. If you have a specific string brand / gauge you would like any guitar from us setup with please drop us a note in with your purchase or call in store for your personal setup