The Westbury is a 21st-century update of the Supro electric solid-body guitar. The elegant comfort of the 1960’s-era beveled-edge Ozark body shape and the mighty sound of the original field-coil pickups have been enhanced with an ultra-fast satin neck, Tune-o-matic bridge and updated wave tailpiece. The result is a modern player’s instrument with old-school style and authentic Supro tone.
The unique Gold Foil pickups found in the Supro Westbury are faithful reproductions of the original magnetics developed for Valco by Ralph Keller in the early 1950s. These pickups, which gave voice to the vintage Chicago-made Supro guitars, have a massive, broadband sound with remarkably low noise for a single-coil design. The humbucker-sized Gold Foil bridge pickup found in the Westbury is slightly overwound, while the neck pickup is reverse-wound in order to provide fully hum-cancelling sound when the two pickups are combined by selecting the middle position of the 3-way toggle switch.
The time-tested tone wood recipe of an alder body paired with a 25 ½”-scale maple neck and rosewood fretboard combine with the Westbury's vintage-correct pickups to produce an exceptionally dynamic playing experience. Blending vintage American tone with refined set-neck design, the Supro Westbury is intended for the professional musician who needs an ergonomic and versatile guitar capable of handling most genres of music with authority. The Westbury’s dual pickup configuration lets the player switch effortlessly between warm, single-coil neck pickup sounds, throaty bridge tones, or a perfectly balanced, parallel combination of both pickups for rhythm work.
The Westbury guitar and its relatives in the Island Series represent the rebirth of the Supro brand as a stringed instrument manufacturer. The Supro Island Series of guitars was designed by David Koltai and Glenn Sweetwood, with technical assistance from master designer Trevor Wilkinson and vintage pickup expert Ken Calvet.
- Vintage Supro body design
- Set neck with black satin finish
- 2x vintage Gold Foil pickups
- 50’s-wiring volume and tone controls
- Wave tailpiece
- Alder body
- Dot inlays
- 6100 frets
- 12″ radius fretboard
- 25 ½” scale
* Remember that every Supro guitar purchased from us here at Musicstreet is perfectly setup in our workshop prior to sale at no extra cost to the customer. By doing this we feel that you will receive the best possible playing instrument which has been thoroughly checked in every respect. If you have a specific string brand / gauge you would like any guitar from us setup with please drop us a note in with your purchase or call in store for your personal setup