The HT-20R MkII offers huge versatility for home, rehearsal or studio use. The carefully voiced preamp, coupled with an EL84 power amp, provides you with the ability to create wonderfully lush valve tones. From pure boutique cleans, to mild overdrive that cleans up by backing off the guitar volume control, right up to saturated distortion, this amp does it all.
The best clean tones: Two footswitchable Voices, one with an “American” character and the other with a Class A “British” sound – both are 100% Blackstar:
- Voice 1 “American” – A clean, bright and tight tone with a solid bass response for a refined American tone.
- Voice 2 “British” – A highly responsive “chime” with looser bottom for the British tone that can be pushed into a mid-range overdrive when driven hard.
The best overdrives: The two footswitchable Overdrive Voices are characterised by a tone which is high in gain, but avoids any of the detached top-end “fizz” often found in other designs.
- Voice 1 “Classic” – This is the Classic “British” Blackstar overdrive. Rich and natural it goes all the way to Super Crunch gain but cleans up beautifully.
- Voice 2 “High Gain” – Inspired by the critically acclaimed HT Venue MkII high gain sounds, this overdrive has additional aggression in the high end with a tight resonant low-end.
The best features: Joining Blackstar’s patented ISF tone control are USB and balanced XLR outputs for more recording flexibility, plus a power reduction switch taking you down to 10% power and a newly voiced studio quality reverb.
The best looks: Now even more refined and boutique the newly design cabinet has a 3 degree angle, top-loader panel and stage-friendly chickenhead knobs.
- Footswitchable Voices for Clean and Overdrive
- Power reduction to 2 Watts
- USB audio out
- XLR D.I. out
- Newly-voiced studio quality reverb
- Boutique styling
- 20 Watts
- 2x ECC83 Preamp Valves
- 2x EL84 Power Amp Valves
- 2 Channels
- 1x12" Speaker
- 2-Button Footswitch Included