We are lucky to get this little beauty in store - a bass that sounds like basses used to sound back in the 60's. Rounded, full bottom end and looks to die for!
Here is what Duesenberg have to say on it...... The Starplayer Bass is a semi-hollow, dual pickup, 22 fret electric bass, featuring arched top and back, bent sides and a 770mm medium scale. It is available in a choice of different editions from opaque and transparent finishes, to our famous tolex covered Outlaw model and the Mike Campbell version.The Starplayer Bass was designed to complement the overall construction of our Starplayer TV model. Therefore, the Starplayer Bass is made from spruce for the arched top, flamed maple for the back and bent sides and American Hardrock Maple for the neck.
The Starplayer Bass is fitted with two of our Duesenberg Bass Buckers which will give you clear and rich overtones and crisp response in any situation.All our instruments are fitted with our own hardware, which you will only find on a Duesenberg. We design it with attention to even the smallest details to create truly unique instruments from tuner buttons to jack plates.
With the Starplayer Bass, the strings are anchored to a nickel-plated, solid and completely adjustable brass bridge, while, at the other end of the instrument, Duesenberg Z-tuners allow for quick string replacement and optimal tuning stability.
All our fretboards are carefully pleked and finished by hand for optimum playability and the smooth feel they are famous for.
- Neck Joint: Set-in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 41 mm / 1.6" (nut), 53,5 mm / 2.11" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood, radius 30.5 mm / 12"
- Inlays: Pearloid dots
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 770 mm / 30.3"
- Trussrod: Steel dual-action
- Headstock: Black veneer
- Type: Semi-hollow with sustain block, bent sides, f-hole
- Top: Laminated spruce
- Back, sides: Laminated flamed maple
- Size: 46 x 34 cm / 18.11" x 13.39"
- Height (sides): 4.5 cm / 1.8"
- Binding: Cream
- Pickguard: Cream
- Finish: PUR lacquer. Back and sides trans-black.
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg bass bridge
- Tailpiece: Duesenberg trapeze tailpiece
- Strap pins: Kluson Multi-Lock
- Hardware color: Nickel
- Strings: Duesenberg BSRS1 (050-070-085-110)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg Bass-Bucker
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg Bass-Bucker
- Wiring: 2 volume, 1 tone, on/off slide switch
- Case: Custom Line case (included)
- Tools: All required allen keys (included)
* Remember that every Duesenberg guitar purchased from us here at Musicstreet is perfectly setup in our workshop prior to sale at no extra cost to the customer. By doing this we feel that you will receive the best possible playing instrument which has been thoroughly checked in every respect. If you have a specific string brand / gauge you would like any guitar from us setup with please drop us a note in with your purchase or call in store for your personal setup