Duesenberg Starplayer III
Back to the roots! Duesenberg’s success story began 1995 with this light, easy-to-handle and elegant semi-acoustic guitar. The Starplayer III is a reissue of the very first Starplayer model, but equipped with all the features of a modern Duesenberg. Back then with a flat top and back but already with the three-phased Art Deco design that is intentionally reminiscent of the golden era of the E-guitar. The guitar has more Rock-Appeal then the Starplayer TV, due to its flat Body, but is otherwise equipped like its big sister.
The Starplayer III is a semi hollow, dual pickup, 22 fret electric guitar, featuring flat top and back, bent sides and a 647mm scale.
Trailing the roots of the very first Starplayer guitar, the Starplayer III brings you the early Duesenberg design featuring a flat top and back combined with a classic rosewood veneer for the headstock. Still, the Starplayer III does not miss the proven wood combination of spruce for the top and flamed maple for the back and sides.
Even in the early days, we found that a combination of a balanced Humbucker for the bridge and a responsive P90 Singlecoil for the neck combines the best of both worlds. This is why we took our own classicly wound Grand Vintage Humbucker and paired it with our open Domino P90 Singlecoil for airy chords and creamy licks.
All our instruments are fitted with our own hardware, which you will only find on a Duesenberg. We design it with attention to even the smallest details to create truly unique instruments from tuner buttons to jack plates.
All our fretboards are carefully pleked and finished by hand for optimum playability and the smooth feel they are famous for.
Additionally, our Diamond Deluxe Tremola proved to be one of the best of its kind, providing buttery operation and outstanding tuning stability.
The Starplayer III additionally features a deluxe 5-ply binding and is available in a High-Gloss Black.
- Body: Semi-acoustic with sustain block, bent sides, f-hole
- Neck: Traditionally glued-in, 1-piece maple
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Tremolo: Duesenberg Deluxe Tremola
- Pickups: Duesenberg Domino P-90 (Neck), Duesenberg Grand Vintage Humbucker (bridge)
- Wiring: 1 volume, 1 tone, 3-way pickup selector
Duesenberg Starplayer III available now at Musicstreet
* Remember that every Duesenberg guitar purchased from us here at Musicstreet is perfectly setup in our workshop prior to sale at no extra cost to the customer. By doing this we feel that you will receive the best possible playing instrument which has been thoroughly checked in every respect. If you have a specific string brand / gauge you would like any guitar from us setup with please drop us a note in with your purchase or call in store for your personal setup