The Starplayer Phonic is an incredible looking guitar not matter what style of music you're into. In every other sense, it's a classic Starplayer TV which is the flagship model for Duesenberg.
The 'Phonico' pickups are in fact the same pickups found on the Starplayer TV (with the Grand Domino p90 in the neck and Grand Vintage Humbucker in the bridge) with a different look.
The Starplayer TV guitar has a unique sound that you can't really get anywhere else. Part of this comes from its acoustic guitar inspired wood choice of a laminated spruce top with laminated flamed maple back and sides. This not only makes that guitar sound huge when unplugged but it also gives you a unique classic tone that works wonderfully for any clean or crunch tones. The neck is made out of a single piece of maple that is set into the body and carved to a classic 'D' shape. Finishing off the wood choices you have an Indian rosewood fingerboard keeping the playing slick and smooth.
If you have ever played a vintage guitar with a tremolo you will understand the tuning issues that plagued guitarists who dared to use them. Duesenberg were not happy giving you a guitar with a trem that was more pain that it was worth. So they went back to the drawing board and between this new trem and the Z-Tuners you will never have tuning issues again.
Here's what Duesenberg say about the Starplayer Phonic
The Starplayer TV Phonic is a semi hollow, dual pickup, 22 fret electric guitar, featuring arched top and flat back, bent sides, gold plated hardware and a 648mm scale.
With the Starplayer TV Phonic in an all-over bright Venetian White we are continuing our vision of truly independent hardware design. As the first model in our Starplayer TV line it features our new spectacular pickup covers and the 4-way rotary pickup selector placed at the cutaway.
The Phonic comes with our celebrated set of a Grand Vintage humbucker for the bridge and Domino P90 for the neck position. The new pickup selector allows you to choose between each pickup individually or two options of combining the two. The first option lets both pickups run freely without touching the frequencies, while the second option filters certain frequencies to give your tone a unique and even more defined character.
It is further equipped with a selection of world-class Duesenberg hardware such as the stunning Radiator Tremolo unit, the Steel Saddle Radius Bridge and effortless Z-Tuners for smooth and easy string changes and tuning.
All our instruments are fitted with our own hardware, which you will only find on a Duesenberg. We design it with attention to even the smallest details to create truly unique instruments from tuner buttons to jack plates.
All our fretboards are carefully pleked and finished by hand for optimum playability and the smooth feel they are famous for. The Phonic additionally sports our elegant Duesenberg Wing inlays on the fretboard and a luxurious pearl binding all around the guitar.
The Starplayer TV Phonic is available in a high-gloss bright Venetian White and it truly is a bold statement for individuality.
- Neck Joint: Set-in
- Wood: 1-piece maple
- Width: 42,5 mm / 1.67" (nut), 52 mm / 2.05" (12th fret)
- Thickness: 21 mm / 0.8" (1st fret), 24 mm / 0.95" (12th fret)
- Shape: D
- Fingerboard: Indian rosewood, radius 30.5 mm / 12"
- Inlays: Duesenberg Wing
- Frets: 22 jumbo 2,8 x 1,0 mm
- Scale length: 648 mm / 25.5"
- Trussrod: Steel dual-action
- Headstock: Matching body color
- Type: Semi-hollow with sustain block, bent sides, f-hole
- Top: Laminated spruce, arched
- Back: Laminated flamed maple, flat
- Sides: Laminated flamed maple
- Size: 46 x 34 cm / 18.11" x 13.38"
- Height (sides): 4.5 cm / 1.8"
- Binding: Pearloid, 5-layer purfling
- Pickguard: Custom Gold
- Finish: PUR lacquer. Back and sides trans-black.
- Tuners: Duesenberg Z-Tuners, "Art Diego" buttons
- Bridge: Duesenberg steel saddle bridge
- Tremolo: Duesenberg Radiator Tremolo
- Strap pins: Duesenberg standard
- Hardware color: Gold
- Strings: Duesenberg DSA10 (010-013-017-028-042-050)
- Pickup (neck): Duesenberg "Phonico" (P-90 Domino)
- Pickup (middle): -
- Pickup (bridge): Duesenberg "Phonico" (Grand Vintage Humbucker)
- Wiring: 1 volume, 2 Vario-Tone, 4-way rotary switch
- Case: Custom Line case (included)
- Tools: All required allen keys (included)
* Remember that every Duesenberg guitar purchased from us here at Musicstreet is perfectly setup in our workshop prior to sale at no extra cost to the customer. By doing this we feel that you will receive the best possible playing instrument which has been thoroughly checked in every respect. If you have a specific string brand / gauge you would like any guitar from us setup with please drop us a note in with your purchase or call in store for your personal setup