Unique Body & Limited Edition Finish
This stunning limited edition model from the Steve Vai range features a mahogany body accompanied by a maple neck and rosewood fingerboard, offering high-quality tonewoods with an eye-catching grain. A signature 'monkey grip' is incorporated into the guitar's design and adds to its unique appearance. The JEM Junior is given a finish inspired by the desert sun yellow finish of Steve Vai's JEM777 30th Anniversary model.
Angled Headstock & Wizard III Neck
The use of Ibanez's own Wizard III neck provides an extremely playable performance optimised for lead guitarists. The thin nature of the neck helps perform swift and nimble guitar runs seamlessly whilst retaining enough substance to ensure a thick and full resonance when playing rhythm patterns and chords. The angled headstock not only provides a stylish appearance, but also offers better string pressure. By increasing the pressure on the strings, it helps them stay in the nut slots and decreases loss of string vibration between the nut and the tuners, offering better sustain and smooth playability.
Infinity HSH Pickups
Steve Vai’s limited-edition JEM Junior is equipped with classic Infinity pickups, which the original JEM junior featured before being replaced by a set of Quantum pickups. In the bridge position is an Infinity 2 Humbucker, offering rich, driving leads with an enhanced midrange and excellent dynamics. An Infinity 1 Humbucker is set in the neck position and deliver a versatile, responsive tonality, providing articulate rhythm sections which retain clarity and offer extra tightness when overdriven. Set in the middle is the infinity Single 1 single-coil, designed to work with the humbuckers in split mode and enhance the tone with classic characteristics.
Steve Vai is an American guitarist, composer, singer, and songwriter primarily known for his collaboration with Frank Zappa. A three time Grammy award winner and fifteen-time nominee, Vai started his impressive career at a young age and is considered as a 'highly individualistic player.' Vai has worked with Ibanez for many years since the launch of the JEM guitar, which he co-designed.
Body & Bridge
• Body: Mahogany
• Bridge: Standard Double Locking Tremolo
• Construction: Bolt-On
• Finish: Yellow
Neck & Fingerboard
• Neck: Maple
• Profile: Wizard III
• Scale: 25.5''
• Fingerboard: Rosewood
• Radius: 400mmR
• Frets: 24 Jumbo
• Inlays: Tree Of Life
• Nut: Locking
• Nut Width: 43mm
Electronics & Hardware
• Bridge Pickup: Infinity 2 Humbucker (Passive/Ceramic)
• Middle Pickup: Infinity Single 1 Single-Coil (Passive/Ceramic)
• Neck Pickup: Infinity 1 Humbucker (Passive/Ceramic)
• Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, 5-Way Selector
• Machine Heads: Die-Cast
• Control Knobs: Hat
• Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
• Hardware: Cosmo Black
• String Gauges: .009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042
• Case Included: No
* Remember that every Ibanez guitar purchased from us here at Musicstreet is perfectly setup in our workshop prior to sale at no extra cost to the customer. By doing this we feel that you will receive the best possible playing instrument which has been thoroughly checked in every respect. If you have a specific string brand / gauge you would like any guitar from us setup with please drop us a note in with your purchase or call in store for your personal setup