Maton SRS808 Acoustic Guitar with AP5 Pro
Solid Blackwood back and sides and a Western Red Cedar top. The Maton SRS 808 is a beautiful little guitar and combines the warm, full tones of Blackwood with the top end sparkle of Cedar.
A forward shifting of the X braces and the shifting of scallop peaks to nodal points around the soundboard help to enhance the vibration of the top. The shifting of the X braces also allowed the inclusion of a second, parallel tone bar which allows the scalloping of both tone bars, and spreads the load while reducing mass. The Maton SRS808 is set up perfectly by our in store staff, so the playability and action of the guitar is even accross the whole fretboard, making playing a breeze.
Maton AP5 Pro
- Separate Mic and Piezo input controls - Master volume
- Vastly improved cardioid microphone system direct mounted to preamp via adjustable arm
- Cleaner Audio path - Less 'fur' in the sound (- no electrolytic capacitors in the sound path)
- New ridgid Printed Circuit Board mounting system - PCB cannot develope rattles with age
- Controls feel more 'linear' - rather than bunched up towards one end
- Mid Sweep goes down much lower - 1.2k -600hz (was 1k to 2k)
- Improved battery terminals - now both terminals are identical and made from phosphor bronze - fewer battery corrosion problems
- Improved internal connectors - all input/output connectors are now latchable - no plug dropouts!
- Tighter component packing allows complete preamp on one PCB, - less prone to noise pickup and no troublesome connecting loom.
- Improved pickup channel material - 6061 T6 alloy - super light, super strong - same as used in rock-climbers crampons & fittings
- New PCB in pickup channel is more ridgid allowing sharper transients than before.
- New 'click removable' output socket means repairs/replacements are straightforward - no soldering needed
The Maton SRS808 is one of our best selling amongst Maton guitars available at MusicStreet UK.
* Remember that every Maton guitar purchased from us here at Musicstreet is perfectly setup in our workshop prior to sale at no extra cost to the customer. By doing this we feel that you will receive the best possible playing instrument which has been thoroughly checked in every respect. If you have a specific string brand / gauge you would like any guitar from us setup with please drop us a note in with your purchase or call in store for your personal setup