PRS Custom 24 Charcoal Cherry - #242763
A stunning Quilted Maple Top, CITES friendly Ebony fingerboard and headstock veneer and the brilliant 58/15 pickups. These are available in Limited numbers and are all in custom colours usually not available on a Standard Custom 24.
The Custom 24 is the quintessential PRS guitar. This iconic instrument was the first model that Paul Reed Smith brought to the public at PRS Guitars’ first Winter NAMM show in 1985 and has been a top seller ever since. Played by internationally touring artists, gigging musicians, and aspiring players, the Custom 24 features PRS’s patented Gen III tremolo system and PRS 58/15 pickups with volume and tone controls and a 5-way blade switch. 58/15 pickups were personally designed by Paul Reed Smith to offer remarkable clarity and extended high and low end.
The Custom 24 is the original PRS. Since its introduction, it has offered a unique tonal option for serious players and defined PRS tone and playability.
GEN III TREMOLO
Rest assured, the Gen III trem functions in all the same ways as the PRS patented tremolo system always has. As always, the bridge is machined brass, a metal that rings beautifully. The block, intonation screws, height-adjustment screws, and the string slots on the saddles are all left un-plated for increased sustain and fidelity of tone.
A. The mounting screw holes are countersunk from underneath, creating a knife-edge set-up that ensures the bridge will return to pitch after use.
B. The bridge’s sidewalls create a pocket that keeps the six individually adjustable saddles from moving sideways, thereby eliminating another traditional cause of tuning instability.
C. The saddles feature a compound radius so that the string breaks across the saddle at the optimum angle for contact and vibration transfer through the bridge. The Private Stock Gen III Trem also features locking saddles. These saddles hold the ball ends in place preventing any movement in the block and further ensuring the guitar returns to pitch after use.
D. The tremolo arm is unthreaded and features a small set screw that allows the player to customize the feel of the arm and find a comfortable playing position.
The Gen III trem also has a few notable updates that further support the fidelity of the guitar’s tone and maximize sustain.
E. The mounting screws have been redesigned with larger thread and a larger custom head. This added mass creates more contact from the screw to the bridge and the guitar’s body, resulting in greater sustain.
F. Grooves have been added to the bridge plate. The grooves are radiused to match the radius of the height adjustment screws, again so there is more contact and a better fit.
Pickup Switching Positions:
- Position One: Bridge humbucker
- Position Two: Bridge humbucker with neck singlecoil, in parallel
- Position Three: Bridge and neck humbuckers
- Position Four: Neck singlecoil with bridge singlecoil, in parallel
- Position Five: Neck humbucker
- Top Wood: Carved Figured Maple (Quilt)
- Back Wood: Mahogany
- Number of Frets: 24
- Scale Length: 25"
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony
- Neck Shape: Pattern Thin
- Fretboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl Birds
- Headstock Inlay: Rosewood Veneer with Inlaid Signature
- Bridge: PRS Tremolo
- Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking Tuners
- Hardware Type: Nickel
- Treble Pickup: 58/15 Treble
- Bass Pickup: 58/15 Bass
- Pickup Switching: Volume and Tone Control with 5-Way Blade Pickups Selector
* Remember that every PRS guitar purchased from us here at Musicstreet is perfectly setup in our workshop prior to sale at no extra cost to the customer. By doing this we feel that you will receive the best possible playing instrument which has been thoroughly checked in every respect. If you have a specific string brand / gauge you would like any guitar from us setup with please drop us a note in with your purchase or call in store for your personal setup