Schaller first invented and succesfully patented the guitar strap lock in 1981 giving birth to a product that has helped countless guitarists protect thier beloved instruments. Now for 2018, Schaller has re-invented their design, adding a few refinements and improvments whilst staying true to the classic Schaller strap lock design loved the world over!So what has changed?
- More strap thickness clearance
- The barrel now accomodates straps that are twice as thick. The lock now has 6.6mm of strap thickness clearence, up from 3.3mm.
- No more wrenches and triple security!
1. The new S-Lock has been designed with a triple security feature. The new locking wheel is designed to be tightened with your hands and features a self locking thread.
2. There is a "thru hole" for you to slide a screw driver or hex key through to get a little extra leverage when tightning the lock on to ourstrap if you feel you need it.
3. There is also a tiny grub screw to stop the wheel from coming loose over time.
- One piece strap button and screw design
- Made from hardened steel, the screw and strap button are now one piece and has a built in hex key head.
- New locking bolt design
- The internal locking pin is now slightly angled which lets the lock slide more easily onto the strap button.
- Redesigned pull
- A more ergonomic shape helps you hold on to the release knob.
- Noiseless design
- With improved design and less moving parts the lock is silent when you are moving around, in the studio and on stage.