Capture the World Wherever You Go
Videographers, musicians, podcasters, journalists - we all have creative ambitions. Whether we're out exploring the wilderness, rushing through the bustling city streets, or cramming ourselves into a sold-out venue. Every single second is spent doing what we love.
But it's not always easy. From lugging endless amounts of equipment around with us, to the sometimes-lengthy process of getting everything setup properly. Shure knows exactly what we go through, and that's where the Motiv MV88+ Video Kit comes in...
Premium Microphone for Professional Sound
The Video Kit gives you everything you need to record incredible content on the go. At the heart of the kit is the MV88+ Stereo Condenser Microphone - a premium digital mic that connects directly to your recording device. The MV88+ features a condenser element, ensuring that every nuance and detail is captured with phenomenal accuracy. Its compact and lightweight design ensures that it can be mounted unobtrusively. No unwieldly giant booms or handles, and no long cable runs. The MV88+ is a match made in heaven for your portable recording rig.
iOS, Android, and More
Every portable rig needs a control centre. A lot of portable setups often require large or expensive interfaces, or even laptops, to achieve high-quality results. Even with portability in mind with their designs, these aren't always the most practical devices to contend with in most situations. With the Shure MV88+ Video Kit, you don't need to worry about that. The central nervous system of your setup can be your smartphone or tablet.
Whether you own an iOS or select Android device (please click here to check device compatibility), the Shure Motiv MV88+ Video Kit is designed to work seamlessly. The kit includes both a Lightning cable, and a USB-C cable. These 15'' (38cm) cables form the link between your MV88+ microphone and your recording device, removing the need for additional equipment such as interfaces or in-line devices.
Plus, if you happen to be using an Apple device, this kit is Apple MFi Certified, meaning you won't need to worry about any additional adapters or connection kits for operation. And if you happen to have a USB-A cable and an Apple USB3 Camera Adapter, you can even charge your iOS device whilst you're still using the microphone. No matter what device you use, you can take advantage of an ultra-compact rig that can be ready for anything.
Seamless ShurePlus MOTIV Audio and Video App Compatibility
High-quality digital recording with the MV88+ Video Kit is second nature with the ShurePlus MOTIV app. Both the audio and video editions of the app allow you to make adjustments to your MV88+ microphone and your recordings in real-time. Select your polar pattern, adjust stereo width, activate low-frequency cutoff filters, set gain levels, and utilise powerful dynamic processing.
The ShurePlus MOTIV apps give you uninhibited access to a vast range of adjustable parameters and tools to record uncompressed audio at various bit depths and sample rates (up to 24-bit/48kHz). You can even view high-resolution meters, or choose from a range of presets to get your recording on the go instantly. Once you're finished recording, you can edit them with trim or split options, save them in a variety of formats, and share them via email, text, or other sharing formats.
Get Creative Straight Out of the Box
You won't need to spend your hard-earned cash on a bunch of different equipment for those 'just in case' situations anymore. With the Motiv MV88+ Video Kit, you can take advantage of the superior accessories that come included to contend with any project you take on. Whether you're shooting a high-quality video one day, then moving on to conduct an audio interview, or heading out into the field to capture beautiful and interesting sounds. The MV88+ Video Kit gives you everything you need to get the job done.
A handy phone mount simply clamps around the sides of your phone. This allows you to mount the MV88+ microphone on one side, keeping the mic attached to your recording device and out of harm's way. The microphone sits securely in the included shoe-mount mic clip, which then slides and stays in the phone mount. In this configuration, you're setup for portable audio capture with an ultra-compact rig, perfect for interviews and field recording.
If you're looking to use the kit for videography, you can attach the phone mount to the included insustry-leading Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod (or any other tripod with a 1/4''-20 threaded connection) with your phone and mic still in place. This high-quality compact tripod features a push-button locking mechanism, allowing you to set it up quickly and easy. It's perfect for setting on surfaces for sturdy positioning when shooting videos, and with its ergonomic design when folded, you can even use it as a handgrip for recording video when you're on the move. You can also mount the microphone directly to the tripod for desktop audio capture. Plus, a handy foam windscreen stops pops and plosives from creating havoc within your recordings. And when you're not using the kit, the included roll-up bag allows you to store and transport everything with ease.
Awarded "Best of CES 2019" by Videomaker Magazine.
In the Box
- Shure MV88+ Premium Stereo Condenser Microphone
- Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod
- AMV-88WS Windscreen
- Phone Clamp
- Shoe-Mount Microphone Clip
- AMV-LTG15 Lightning Cable, 15'' / 38cm
- AMV-USBC15 USB-C Cable, 15'' / 38cm
- Roll-Up Bag
- A mobile recording rig with everything you need to capture incredible audio straight out of the box
- Compatible with both Apple and select Android devices
- Connects directly to your device using the included Lightning or USB-C connector cables
- Apple Mfi Certified for direct connection to any iOS device without the need for any additional adapters or connection kits
- Allows you to charge your phone whilst the mic is in use (iOS users only, requires a USB-A cable and an Apple USB3 Camera Adapter)
- Lightweight, extremely portable, and live-stream ready
- Seamless compatibility with the free ShurePlus MOTIV audio and video apps for intuitive recording control
- The ShurePlus MOTIV Video app captures high-definition uncompressed audio for native video resolutions
- Apps provide you with real-time audio control, including five built-in DSP preset modes for any situation
- Presets are - Speech, Singing, Flat, Acoustic Instrument, Loud
- The apps also allow you to control microphone gain and stereo width
- Achieve high-quality 24-bit/48kHz recordings with ease
- Save and share your recorded content in multiple formats
- Microphone is equipped with a built-in headphone output for real-time monitoring
- Monitor mix lets you customise exactly what you hear in your headphones
- Multiple stereo width and polar pattern options give you the ultimate in flexibility
- The included phone clamp can be attached to the Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod, or used with any tripod or shoe-mount with a 1/4''-20 connector
- Can be set up in a wide range of different ways to suit videographers, for audio capture, or as a desktop solution
- The perfect high-fidelity mobile recording solution for live performances, field recording, interviews, audio for video, vocal recordings, and instrument recordings
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
Frequency Response: Adjustable
Sound Pressure: 120dB SPL (At Minimum Gain, Flat Mode)
Transducer Type: Condenser
Polar Pattern: Bidirectional or Cardioid
Connectors: LTG, USB
Main Functionality: Recording
Headphone Output: 3.5mm Stereo Mini Jack
Microphone Housing: Metal
Dimensions: 27mm × 27mm × 77mm (H x W x D)