Two Gain Modes
Vol 1 and Vol 2 are lower and higher gain modes. They can be switched from the top panel or via the ‘remote’ TRS jack on the side of the pedal. Bypass (on/off) is switchable remotely too.
Three positions, designed as a global setting to best match the V4 Pedal Preamp to your amp, because effects loops and amp front ends differ dramatically. Choose the one that sounds best.
Two Master Volumes
Set the output levels of each mode independently, to taste. Set to zero before turning on!
Powerful bass, middle and treble controls. These also have a significant effect on the gain character and drive levels – just like in any valve guitar amp.
Protection for the knobs when you’re stomping.
Clearly labelled so there is no confusion.
Power Inlet Jack
12V DC, 800mA minimum. There are four valves, so we need plenty of current! Adapter supplied.
Amp Through Mode
- Amp Through Mode utilises the effects loop of a guitar amp.
- When the pedal is ON, you’re bypassing your amp’s front end.
- When the pedal is OFF, you’re plugged into your amp as normal.
You are adding two new ‘channels’ to your amp that are independent from your amp’s own front end. Imagine if you could feed the power section of a Fender Twin, for example, with the front end of a Countess, Sheriff or Kraken. Your single-channel workhorse becomes a three-channel monster. No FX loop? Use Standalone Mode and go straight in the front.
- Valves: 1 x EC900, 3 x CV4014
- Features: Steel chassis, 2 switchable gain modes, remote TRS switching option
- Power: 12V DC / 800mA minimum, DC adapter supplied
- Size: 225(w) x 140(h) x 79mm(d) inc. feet & knobs
- Weight: 1.65kg (3.6lbs)