Fender American Elite Tele Thinline MN in Mystic Ice Blue
Combining the best of semi hollow design with the iconic Telecaster this new American Elite guitar may be the best Thinline ever made. With a classic build and tones that bring back memories of the 60's and 70's but with a modern feel this is a remake for the modern player. From the new compound neck to the noiseless pickups this guitar is performance focused, the guitar for all situations.
Made from Ash this guitar is actually quite lightweight compared to solid body versions of the Telecaster. With a carveout in the top half of the guitar this resonates beautifully with great sustain in the low mid range as you would expect from a semi hollow guitar. Not much has changed with the Tele Thinline body since it was first released but if it isn't broke don't fix it.
Fender have made a lot of changes here. The most visible one is that they have moved the truss rod adjustment to the bottom of the neck. Previously it was at the headstock and was a real pain to adjust once strung. With this new position at the body however you can easily set up the neck absolutely anywhere.
It does not end there however is they have also constructed a new compound shape neck to match the compound radius fingerboard. Now the neck carves from their Modern 'C' shape to a very modern 'D' carve so you get great control over both ends of the neck. This matches up perfectly with their compound radius fretboard that goes between a vintage 9.5" radius and the low end to a shredtastic 14" at the high end.
The idea here is that these changes will make it easier to play solid rhythms and insane leads on the same guitar. There's not much you can't do with this guitar out of the box.
The telecaster is best known for having a pair of low to mid powered single coil pickups. These are what made it perfect for country, blues and pop styles where you want a bright and tight tone with a nice smooth midrange.
These pickups do have their issues though, the main one being the amount of hum they produce. That is what led Fender to create their Noiseless pickups with the goal of making a true single coil with no background noise.
Fitted with the 4th generation of these noiseless pickups you get the clearest and most authentic Fender have offered out of their Noiseless range.
- Series: American Elite
- Body: Ash
- Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple Compound Shape, Modern 'C' to 'D'
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5" to 14" Compound Radius
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Large Black Pearloid Dots
- Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Sealed Locking
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Bridge: New Elite Suspension Bridge
- Pickups: 4th Generation Noiseless Single Coils
* Remember that every Fender guitar purchased from us here at Musicstreet is perfectly setup in our workshop prior to sale at no extra cost to the customer. By doing this we feel that you will receive the best possible playing instrument which has been thoroughly checked in every respect. If you have a specific string brand / gauge you would like any guitar from us setup with please drop us a note in with your purchase or call in store for your personal setup