The Electro Harmonix Oceans 11 doesn't sound like a heist film soundtrack, but it does sound like 11 brilliant reverbs packed into one regular stompbox footprint.
There aren't many pedals at this price that offer the same amount of versatility as the Oceans 11. Perfect for guitarists who love to experiment. Not only does it have loads of top reverb modes, but a tail switch to allow the effect to carry on after the bypass switch has been hit. This lets you transition during songs extremely smoothly.
The Oceans 11 has everything from essential to exotic. You have the standard spring, plate, hall, trem and echo. These provide vintage sounds or subtle effects that are great for layering with other pedals. On the other end of the spectrum you can access thick, interesting reverbs that work great on their own for ambient shoegazing types of music. These include reverse reverb, where the effect fades in backwards. Modulated, that has it's own chorus lacing. Dyna, which lets the reverb swell in and out. Shimmer, that adds an octave above and poly, where two configurable pitches combine to create dissonant intervals.
One of the most intriguing effect is the auto-infinite reverb, lets your reverb sprawl on forever. It triggers a wash for each note or chord you play. When a new note is played, the effect fades into that note from the previous one. Use this effect to produce the very specific cross-fade, or the infinite jack which works with most modes on the Oceans 11 to get the infinity reverb with other sounds.
Beyond the effects, the parameters are massively expansive. You'll get loads of variations from one effect by changing the depth using the FX level dial, tone and duration of the reverb. Even better still, press the middle mode button to use secret parameters with the same knobs. There's no idea what you could get using these, so you'll have to experiment with it yourself!
- 11 different reverb types: HALL, SPRING, PLATE, REVRS, ECHO, TREM, MOD, DYNA, AUTO-INF, SHIM and POLY.
- Tails switch. Select whether the reverb fades out naturally or stops immediately when switched to bypass.
- Easy access to powerful “hidden” parameters thru Secondary Knob Mode.
- Able to produce infinite reverb you can play over in most settings.
- Comes with a standard EHX 9.6DC 200mA PSU.
- Dimensions in inches: 2.75(w) x 4.5(l) x 2.1(h).
- Dimensions in mm: 70(w) x 115(l) x 54(h).